DATE: September 6, 2023
POSITION: CASHIER – FOOD SERVICE WORKER
STARTING DATE: ASAP
DESCRIPTION: Assists in entering student ID numbers, setting up lunch service, washing tables and basic cleanup throughout lunch service.
• Shall possess at least a high school diploma or G.E.D.
• Basic computer skills preferred
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
• Ability to communicate well with others, exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views, give and welcome feedback, contribute to building a positive team spirit, put success of team above own interests, build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives, and support everyone’s efforts to succeed
• Ability to follow policies and procedures
• Ability to prioritize and plan work activities and use time efficiently
• Ability to follow instructions and respond to supervisor direction and take responsibility for own actions
• Ability to maintain a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality when dealing with student, staff, and/or parent information
• Shall be clean and tidy in personal appearance, including the wearing of hairnets.
• Shall have the ability to work harmoniously with others
• Ability to meet challenges with resourcefulness and generate suggestions for improving work.
• Good health, attendance, and high moral character
• Must have regular and reliable attendance
• Must not use personal electronic devices during meal service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Operate computer
• Food service and/or cleanup tasks as assigned
• Washing tables, etc.
• Set up of kindergarten table service
• Clean and maintain food service equipment and facilities
• Participate in ongoing professional training
o Annual District Requirements
o Annual MDE Food Service Training Requirements
• Observe safety and security procedures; report potentially unsafe conditions to supervisor
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
WAGES: $14.35 /hour up to 2.5 hours per day for 180 school days.
APPLICATION MATERIALS SHOULD INCLUDE: Email letter of interest to email@example.com
DEADLINE: Until filled
11185 W. 2nd Street
Rudyard, MI 49780
(906) 478-3771 Ext. 2553
It is the policy of Rudyard Area Schools that no person shall on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, height, weight, age or disability, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination in employment or any of its programs or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Deb Edington, Rudyard Area Schools, 11185 W. 2nd Street, Rudyard, MI 49780 (906/478-3771