SECONDARY SCIENCE TEACHER Job ID: 2904
• Possess a valid Michigan Teaching Certificate with a SCIENCE endorsement, DI preferred for grades 7-12
• Multiple endorsements preferred
• Proficient in the use of technology to access electronic databases, grade books, and email.
• Proficient in classroom and student management techniques
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative manner with parents and professionals
• Proven ability to implement innovative methods of teaching using offline and online resources will be an added advantage
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Instruct students in grades 7-12 in science using the district core curriculum and required state standards for science instruction
• Implement a science education program that focuses the use of evidence based instructional strategies, maximizes student participation, and meets the needs and goals of individual learners
• Utilize formal and informal classroom assessments to promote individual student improvement, guide planning and drive instruction
• Provide resources and suggestions to school staff and collaborate with the Principal and District
• Science Professional Learning Community to create/promote and support improved science achievement.
• Attend professional development meetings and trainings; collaborate with staff on science related topics as needed for completion of duties, attend meetings outside of normal working hours
For more information please contact Chad Folkersma at email@example.com or call 906-478-3771 Ext. 2103
Start Date: August 29, 2023
Closing date: Until filled:
Salary: Per the Rudyard Federation of Teachers contract
Appy to: https://www.applitrack.com/eup...
Rudyard Area Schools uses the applicant tracking system from Frontline Education to manage employment applications online.
It is the policy of Rudyard Area Schools that no person shall on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, height, weight, age or disability, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination in employment or any of its programs or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Deb Edington, Rudyard Area Schools, 11185 W. 2nd St., Rudyard, MI 49780 (906-478-3771).