ELEMENTARY ACADEMIC SUPPORT SPECIALIST JobID: 2885
POSITION: Rudyard Area Schools is seeking a qualified individual in the role of a Elementary Academic Support Specialist who will assist teachers in addressing the needs of our Elementary students. Interested persons should possess the desire to make a difference with students, exhibit love and passion for students, formulate relationships, be professional, and demonstrate an exemplary work ethic.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Bachelor’s degree or 10 years’ experience working with students and a passing score on the ACT Work Keys Assessment and/or the Basic Skills Test of the Michigan Teacher Test for Certification.
- Comfort level working with math, reading, and other core subject areas
- Assist in instruction of students as designed by the teacher
- Assists students with problem solving when adjustment and academic problems arise
- Demonstrated successful experience utilizing technology
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work with students, staff, administration, parents, and community
- Demonstrated success as a collaborator and proven team player
- Experience supervising students
- Implements rules of student conduct
- Must maintain confidentiality
For more information, please contact Wendy Peterson firstname.lastname@example.org
STARTING DATE: 2023-2024 School Year
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
WAGES: $15.00/hr. / 7 hrs. per day / 180 days per school calendar.
This position is through Rudyard Area Schools payroll
APPLY through Frontline Education
Rudyard Area Schools uses the applicant tracking system from Frontline Education to manage employment applications online.
It is the policy of Rudyard Area Schools that no person shall on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, height, weight, age or disability, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination in employment or any of its programs or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Deb Edington, Rudyard Area Schools, 11185 W. 2nd St., Rudyard, MI 49780 (906-478-3771