DATE: May 16, 2023
POSITION: Special Educational Paraprofessional in an Early Elementary Classroom
STARTING DATE: 2023-2024 School Year
Purpose of Position:
To assist the immediate supervisor in provision of the student program and services; assist in maintaining records of the students; assist in classroom related activities and services; to maintain neat classrooms.
Goal of Position:
To provide supportive assistance to the classroom teacher by taking an active part in the educational, social, physical, medical, emotional and self-care needs of an individual or group of students in the general education classroom.
· High school graduate or equivalent, with a minimum of two years of such appropriate experience as allowed under school code and/or completion of advanced training in a community college or degree granting institution whose special education instructional aide training program has been approved by the Ml Department of Education.
· Possess emotional stability, physical stamina and strength necessary to complete duties, and have an understanding and interest in the needs of special education students.
· Physically able to perform the duties of this position including running/walking, bending, lifting, twisting, and responding to the physical needs of the student up to 150 pounds.
· Excellent organizational skills.
- Valid Michigan driver's license
· Ability to lift and carry instructional materials up to 50 pounds
· High skill level in using computer technology in office/educational applications Effective written and oral communication skills
· Adheres to required confidentiality practices
· Professional tact, diplomacy and presentation with administrators, staff, teachers, students, parents, and the community.
· Experience working with school personnel, parents, and/or students preferred.
· Must have regular and reliable attendance.
· Have the ability to model appropriate prosocial behavior, implement behavior plans with fidelity, and display a calm demeanor when managing student behavior.
· Assist the classroom teacher in the planning and implementation of student programs that have been initiated by the teacher.
· Assist in the preparation and organization of instructional materials needed to implement student program.
· Carry out student objectives and/or programs established by the instructor on a daily basis.
· Assist in documentation of student's progress as needed and directed by instructor.
· Assist the instructor and other support personnel in providing for student needs, which may include, but are not limited to: toileting and/or diapering, proper lifting and/or transferring (up to 100 pounds), feeding, medically related needs and personal hygiene needs of assigned students.
· Attend pertinent staff meetings, IEPs, and other in-service training sessions at the request of the supervisor
· Cooperate with and assist other educational support staff in the cognitive, behavioral, and motor programming for students.
· Assist in the coordination and supervision of student activities outside the classroom and in the community at the request and direction of instructor and/or supervisor.
· Perform and share responsibility in classroom duties, which may include but are not limited to, classroom preparation and clean up, monitoring of equipment and supplies.
· Must be able to physically assist students with adaptive equipment
· Must be able to assist students in boarding and leaving motor vehicles
· Must be able to physically and visually monitor students in all educational settings including student transportation systems, and outdoor environments
· Must be able to effectively communicate with staff and students as needed for completion of duties, attend meetings outside of normal working hours
This position is through EDUStaff
APPLICATION MATERIALS SHOULD INCLUDE: Email Letter of Interest to email@example.com
DEADLINE: Until filled.
11185 W. 2nd Street
Rudyard, MI 49780
(906) 478-3771 Ext. 5033
It is the policy of Rudyard Area Schools that no person shall on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, height, weight, age or disability, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination in employment or any of its programs or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Deb Edington, Rudyard Area Schools, 11185 W. 2nd Street, Rudyard, MI 49780 (906/478-3771).